- 7:00 pm
- Second Monday of each month
- City Council Chambers
514 E. Brazos Ave.
West Columbia, TX 77486
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Minutes are also available following approval.
- Laurie B. Kincannon, Mayor
Term Expires: May 2018
- Robert L. Thomas, Council Pos. 1
Term Expires: May 2019
- Charley Tindol, Council Pos. 2 Term Expires: May 2018
- Roy E. Maynor, Jr., Council Pos. 3 Term Expires: May 2019
- James "Jamie" Walker, Council Pos. 4 and Mayor Pro-Tem Term Expires: May 2019
- Dietrich von Biedenfeld, Council Pos. 5 Term Expires: May 2018
West Columbia is governed by a Mayor and City Council who are elected by the people of the City of West Columbia. The Mayor and City Council acting together are the Governing Body. All Governing Body members serve two-year terms. The Governing Body, being the elected representative of the people, adopts all ordinances and resolutions and determines the general goals and policies.
City Council positions are for two-year terms. Candidates must be 18 yrs. of age, have resided a minimum of 1 year in the state and 6 months in the City of West Columbia, Texas and be a registered voter in Brazoria County by the filing deadline. More information is available in the candidate's packet available inside City Hall, 512 E. Brazos Ave., West Columbia, Texas.
Elections are held in May of each year.
Last day to file for a place on the ballot is Friday, February 17, 2017.
Positions up for the 2017 election and filings to date are:
Council Pos. 1: Robert L. Thomas (incumbent)
Council Pos. 3: Roy E. Maynor, Jr. (incumbent) and James L. Sober
Council Pos. 4: James "Jamie" Walker (incumbent)