Each of these plants are in the Discovery Garden. Locate them on the map above. Read about them in the linked pages.
All plants in the garden are Texas Natives except the following.
- Society Garlic is native to Natal, Transvaal and the eastern Cape region in South Africa
- Vitex is from the Mediterranean area.
- Pomegranate is native to Iran and the Himalayas.
- Firecracker plant is from Mexico.
- Plumbago is native to South Africa.
- Flowering Quince is from China.
- Texas Star Hibiscus is native the the Southeastern US.
- Lantana is from Central and Northern South America and the Caribbean.
- Flax Lily is found in Southeastern Australia and Tasmania.
- Petunia is from South America.
- Larkspur is native to Europe and West Asia.
Images of these plants are either from pictures taken by volunteers of actual plants in the garden or used from websites that offer GNU or other permissions for use.
and Wild ageratum
are Texas native wildflowers that grow in the wooded area along the jogging trail before you get to the Discovery Garden.